Last Updated: May 13 2022
Who We Are: Bamboo 1 Ltd & Bamboo Holdings Ltd…….. (“Bamboo”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is an investment application that allows users to make small investments in select cryptocurrencies and precious metals.
Table of Contents
- Region-Specific Disclosures
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Third-Party Services
- Security of Your Information
- Choices and Control Over Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Data Transfers
- Accessing Your Personal Information
I. Region-Specific Disclosures
Depending on your country, province or state of residence certain rights may apply to you. Please refer below to disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the United States in any state or territory, please click here for an additional privacy notice we deliver to you pursuant to federal law.
- If you are a resident of the United States in the State of California, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
II. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you in various ways when you interact with the Services. The types of personal information we collect and the manner in which we collect it depends on the nature of your interaction with the Services with which you interact.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
- Contact and other identifying information: Bamboo may collect personal information such as your name, date of birth, social security number, address, zip code, phone number, email address, and banking provider and account information when you register for the Services, take advantage of or participate in an offer or promotional activity, sign up for our newsletters or marketing communications, or otherwise communicate with us or interact with the Services.
- Inquiry and communication information: Bamboo may collect the content of your email, live chat or contact form submission on the Services, and, where applicable, recordings of calls with us when you contact us.
- Location information: Bamboo may collect information about your physical location, such as when you upload this information about your physical location, such as when you upload this information to the Services.
Information We Receive Automatically:
Bamboo may collect personal information from you automatically when you visit or use the Services. Such information may include:
- Device and usage information: Bamboo may collect and store information about the devices you use and usage statistics about how you interact with the Services. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), device identifier, referring/exit ages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- Location information: Bamboo may collect your general location information based on your IP address.
Personal Information We Receive from Other Sources and Third Parties:
We may also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we receive either automatically or directly from you. We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Social Media Networks: Bamboo may receive information about you when you interact with the Services through various social media networks.
- Service Providers: Bamboo may receive information about you from our service providers, including marketing, software and IT providers, that perform services on our behalf.
- Other Third Parties: From time to time, Bamboo may receive information about you from third parties. For example, a Company may obtain information from marketing partners or other third parties to enhance or supplement our existing user information. We may combine this personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly.
III. Use of Personal Information
The main purpose for which Bamboo uses the personal information we process is to provide our Services and to operate our Website.
Bamboo may also use the personal information we process for other purposes, including, without limitation, to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the features and functionality of our Services and manage your ongoing requirements and our ongoing relationship with you;
- Perform internal business purposes, such as to conduct internal research that will assist us to improve our mobile application and website, and develop our services;
- Perform internal functions such as administration, accounting and information technology system requirements, detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims, and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
- Perform our contractual obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Bamboo and as we believe necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Services, our employees or agents, or other users;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory requirements, respond to governmental requests and prevent fraud or crime;
- Communicate with you and send you important information regarding the Services, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be material to your use of the Services, you may not opt out of receiving such communications;
- Fulfill or meet the information was provided, such as to process your orders and payment in connection with your transactions, respond to inquiries, including verifying your information to ensure its accuracy and validity;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Refer you to other businesses whose services may be of interest to you and send you offers, updates, articles, newsletters or other information about our services and other products and services that we believe will be of interest to you; and
IV. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information with third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, to:
- Service Providers: We may disclose personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or contractors who supply services to us in so far as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Bamboo, https://www.getbamboo.io/, its customers, related entities, or third parties.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: If there is a change of control in our business, a sale or transfer of business assets, corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality.
- Public Content: If you choose to submit content to us, we may publish this information by publicly posting, at our discretion, for example, your submissions, reviews, or other user content you provide us.
- Consent: We may disclose your personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request but cannot guarantee that the third party follow this Policy regarding handling your personal information. We do not sell, trade, licence or rent your personal information.
V. Third Party Services
VI. Security of Your Information
We maintain the information we collect from you in physical and electronic records, which may be stored at our premises or those of our service providers, or in secure data centres operated by third parties. We implement commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information. We endeavor to maintain the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the personal information that we hold. However, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We keep personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or retention requirements.
VII. Choices and Control Over Your Information
Profile and settings: You may update your account information and adjust your account settings by logging into your account. Please note that changes to your settings may require some time to take effect.
Marketing Communications: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in such communications. You can stop receiving promotional text and SMS messages by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or reaching out to our customer support team via live chat. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of transactional or Service-related communications.
VIII. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com or through customer support via live chat. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will endeavour to promptly delete such information.
IX. Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you use our Website and Services, we use applications such as Google Analytics and Amazon Web Services to collect information including, but not limited to your IP address, browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed, page access times and referring website address. This information is used internally to gauge visitor traffic, usage trends, site speed, to deliver personalised content to you and to make informed decisions regarding marketing and performance optimization. We and our service providers use email analytics to show us how recipients interact with our emails, e.g. whether you have read or clicked on the communications.
Our Website and Services may also include social media features, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Sites, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
How We Use Information We Collect:
We may use data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies to (i) allow us to understand who has interacted with us; (ii) help us to operate our Services more efficiently; (iii) personalize your experience on the Services, (iv) improve our content and offerings, and (v) engage in analytics and measurement.
We and our third-party advertising partners also use this data to understand your browsing activities, including across unaffiliated third-party sites, so that we can deliver ads and information about products and services that may be of interest to you, and also to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We will not identify users or facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through analytic tools.
Your Choices About Cookies and Online Advertising:
Cookies: If you would prefer not to accept cookies or tracking technologies, most browsers or devices will allow you to change your browser or device settings to disable existing cookies or set your browser to automatically reject such technologies. Please note that doing so could negatively affect the availability and functionality of the Services. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all such technologies. In addition, if you want to reject these technologies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser and device you actively use.
Interest-Based Advertising: To opt-out of third-party interest-based advertising from advertisers and third parties that participate in certain self-regulatory programs, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at: https://optout.networkadvertising.org and the Digital Advertising Alliance at: https://optout.aboutads.info. Opt-outs are generally device and browser specific, meaning that you will need to opt-out on each device and browser you use. Please note, even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising, you will still continue to receive generic ads.
X. Data Transfers
Bamboo is based in Australia. Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
XI. Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to:
- Request access your personal information and to ask us to correct or erase it, subject to exceptions allowed by law
- Ask us to restrict the way we manage your personal information (for example if you dispute the correctness of the information)
- Request that we transfer your data to another entity, and
- Object to us managing your personal information at any time (e.g., you can withdraw any consent you have given us to manage your personal information). This does not invalidate the legality of our management of your personal information before your consent is withdrawn).
For security reasons, we may require you to put your request in writing. We reserve the right to charge a fee for each request to search for and provide access to your information.
We will correct, amend or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date or incomplete.
In some limited cases, we may need to refuse you access to your information or a request for correction. If this is the case, we will advise you as soon as possible after your request and let you know the reasons for our refusal.
Bamboo 1 Ltd
2301 W Anderson Ln Suite 102 - 73 Austin, TX 78757
United States Supplemental Privacy Notice
If you are a prospective, current or former member of Bamboo, some of the information we may collect from you online constitutes “non-public personal information.” Our collection, sharing and use of non-public personal information is governed by the privacy notice we deliver to you pursuant to federal law.
California Privacy Notice
If you are a resident of the State of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the right to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options from companies conducting business in California. Specifically:
Exercising the Right to Know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following about the personal information collected on you in the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected it;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
Exercising the right to opt-out from a sale. You may request to opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place.
Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact Bamboo either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, speak with our customer support team via live chat or contact us via postal mail, proper postage prepaid, at:
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
2301 W Anderson Ln Suite 102 - 73 Austin, TX 78757
Please indicate your preference as to how you would like us to respond to your request (i.e., email or postal mail). All requests sent via postal mail must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the envelope or postcard and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address (if you would like a response via postal mail), city, state, and zip code. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address or contact information from which you send the request matches your email address or contact information that we have on file. Authentication based on a government-issued and valid identification document may be required. We will not accept requests via telephone or fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Bamboo does not recognize the “do not track” signals that some browsers may employ.